These 5 cleaning shortcuts will get your home ready for spring and keep it that way all year long. From removing dust to banishing bathroom grime.
- Remove dust now. Household dust is made up of tracked-in dirt, sloughed-off skin cells, pet dander and dust mite excrement and corpses. For a thorough dusting, work your way from top to bottom so you don’t have to go over surfaces more than once. Help keep dust at bay. Stash a pack of Pledge® Wipes in a decorative basket by the staircase so you can grab a wipe to run along the banister on your way up or down the stairs. Put another pack in the living room so you can stay on top of dust while watching your favorite shows. You can also avoid dusting small appliances you seldom use by storing them in a large Ziploc® Brand Big Bag.
- Master microwave messes now. Boil a cup of water in the microwave. The steam will help loosen dried-on food particles so you can easily wipe them away using a paper towel. To clean up messes before they dry, try Windex® Multi-Surface Antibacterial spray. Keep it mess-free later. Use a microwave food cover to keep your microwave clean and free from food splatters. Most covers cost between $2 and $10 and are dishwasher-safe.
- Tackle laundry now. Spring-cleaning brings loads of extra laundry. As tempting as it may be to try to get the job done quicker, don’t overload the washer or dryer. Clothes need to move freely in the machine to come out clean and wrinkle-free. Instead, save time by reducing the need for sorting with Shout® Color Catcher® with Oxi. Lighten the load later. Enlist the help of family members by divvying up laundry chores like loading, folding and ironing. To make it easy for everyone to treat stains before they set in, put Shout® Trigger by each hamper. Make sure the young ones are supervised by adults when treating stains.
- Clean window treatments now. Window treatments are often overlooked when cleaning, but dirt and dust can build up over time. Give them a thorough cleaning using the upholstery attachment on your vacuum cleaner or wash according to the label directions. Keep them clean later. To avoid dirt and dust buildup, open and close your window treatments often and gently shake them. Give dust a few minutes to fall to the floor so you can easily wipe it up with a dust mop or towel.
- Banish bathroom grime now. Wash your shower curtain according to its label and replace the shower curtain liner, which can harbor mold and grime. To rid your tub of soap scum quickly, use the Scrubbing Bubbles® Mega Shower Foamer. Its wide spray ensures you won’t miss a spot, and tough cleaning action makes scrubbing virtually obsolete. Keep it at bay later. Traditional bar soaps have binders that are the main cause of soapy residue. So try switching to a liquid shower gel or glycerin bar soap to help prevent soap scum buildup. You can also install Scrubbing Bubbles® Automatic Shower Cleaner to keep your shower clean for up to 30 days with the touch of a button. And don’t forget to open a window or run the fan during your shower (and for at least 10 minutes afterward) to avoid mold and mildew buildup.
Remember, A Clean Home… Is A Happy Home… Contact Us in Canton, GA today to get a FREE in home estimate to for house cleaning.